City of Katy Re-Opens some City Facilities - June 1st
May 29, 2020 at 9:00 AM – Beginning Monday, June 1 , 2020, Katy City Hall, the Police Station and Municipal Court will re-open their doors to the public. This coincides with Governor Abbott’s plans to re-open Texas, while ensuring the safety of our customers, residents and employees.
We are happy to welcome customers and residents back to City facilities; however, we encourage customers to continue to utilize virtual services when possible. For more information and detailed instructions on virtual services:
- Utility Billing Department, please visit www.cityofkaty.com/ub or call 281-391-4801
- Permits and Building Department, visit www.cityofkaty.com/permits or call 281-391-4830
- Police Department visit www.cityofkaty.com/police or call 281-391-4848
- Municipal Court visit www.cityofkaty.com/court or call 281-391-4810
For individuals needing in-person assistance, please keep in mind the following changes and safety recommendations:
- The public will only be able to enter Katy City Hall from Avenue D. Public access will be restricted to only the Utility Billing and Permits & Building Departments on the first floor. The doors at Avenue C and 2nd Street will remain closed.
- When in line we ask that you remain 6 feet from each other. Markings will be provided on the floor.
- Mask or face coverings are strongly recommended for your health and safety, as well as our employees.
- Hand washing or using hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting buildings is recommended. A hand sanitizer station will be provided inside each building.
- We are asking that residents and businesses limit the number of people they bring into City facilities to help with the social distancing guidelines.
- For Parks & Recreation Department, field and court rentals will resume on June 1, 2020 at 9:00 AM via WebTrac, our new online software. In-person reservations will NOT be allowed at this time. Learn more at www.cityofkaty.com/parkreservations
For everyone’s safety, we are asking that customers who are 65 years or older or who are running a fever, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have a pre-existing condition and who are high-risk for contracting COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who is believed to have contracted COVID-19, refrain from entering City facilities and utilize our virtual services.
The City always strives to provide the best possible service for our residents, while also making the health and safety of our customers, residents and employees a top priority. We thank you for your cooperation and patience as we all work towards a safe future.
For official updates from the City of Katy, please visit our website at www.cityofkaty.com/coronavirus and the Official City of Katy Facebook page. For any other questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.