Stage II Water Restrictions
Due to extreme temps, the City of Katy has implemented Stage II Water Restrictions to our customers as outlined in the approved Drought Contingency Plan.
STAGE II WATER RESTRICTIONS FOR RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL CUSTOMERS
• Intensify efforts to not allow water to run off into the street, drain or ditch
• Reduce domestic water use, repair all leaks
• Reduce watering lawn/landscaping to no more than 3 times/week, nightly between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
• Reduce water use for power washing of hard-surface areas (i.e., sidewalks, parking lots)
• Please wait to establish new landscaping
If Stage III becomes necessary, or if the restrictions are lifted, announcements will be posted on the City’s website, facebook and marquees. Water restriction stages are based on daily water usage versus daily well pumpage for three consecutive days as set forth by TCEQ.
The Plan states that upon implementation, all operations of the City shall adhere to water use restrictions prescribed for Stage 2. In order to set a leading example and do our part in water conservation, the following provisions have been applied to all City of Katy operations for non-essential water use:
• Discontinue flushing of water mains and hydrants
• Discontinue irrigation of all public landscaped areas
• Prohibit use of water to wash vehicles, trailers, etc. (commercial car washes allowed as needed)
• Prohibit use of water to non-essential activities to include dust control, fountains, washing of sidewalks, streets or public access areas
For any concerns or questions, please email email@example.com. Click HERE to view PDF flyer.
Click HERE for a copy of the Amended Water Conservation & Drought Contingency Plan, adopted by Katy City Council Monday, July 22, 2019.