By serving as a volunteer on one of the City’s Boards, Commissions, or Committees, you will become actively involved in City Government and contribute to the development of the City of Katy. As a volunteer, your expertise and recommendations will be utilized by the City Council and City Staff to shape the future of our City, while at the same time learning how the City operates and forms policy.
Board and Commission Appointments
Board and Commission appointments and re-appointments are typically made in July with terms beginning immediately. Each term shall be for one year unless the member is appointed to fill an unexpired term that is vacant. The Mayor and the Board or Commission chairperson will conduct interviews of applicants interested in volunteering and the final appointment will be approved by City Council.
- Be residents of the City of Katy, Texas, unless the authorizing Ordinance creating a Board or Commission specifically states otherwise.
- Be willing to attend the regularly scheduled meetings of the Board or Commission.
- Be a registered voter with the same residency address submitted on the application.
The Boards and Commissions were each created by City Ordinances to serve as advisory bodies to the Mayor, City Council and City Administration. Applicants for final decision-making Boards and Commissions cannot have financial interest in a contract with the City. Members who do not maintain at least 75% attendance of regular or special meetings may be removed from office.
In addition to Boards and Commissions, Committees are created on an as-needed basis, usually by Mayoral directive or Council Resolution.
Submitting an Application
Anyone interested in serving on a board or commission may contact the City Secretary’s office at 281-391-4804 to obtain a form, or download an application below. Applications may be submitted at any time and will be considered should openings occur during the year. Board and Commission applications are kept on file in the City Secretary’s office for two years and are subject to the Texas Public Information Act.
Boards & Commissions Applications
- Board of Adjustment Application
- Building and Standards Commission Application
- City Planning and Zoning Commission Application
- Convention and Tourism Bureau Application
- Katy Heritage Park Board Application
- Keep Katy Beautiful Board Application
- Landscape Appeal Board Application
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board Application
- Social Services Advisory Board Application