- Permit applications that do not require plans will need to be submitted by email to email@example.com or by mail. All applications and forms are available for download in the list at the bottom of this page.
- Please be sure the applications are completely filled out and signed by the license holder, if applicable. Once the applications are processed, you will be notified and given a permit number in order to make the payment online, done HERE. You may also put a check in an envelope with the job address listed and drop in the kiosk located on the Avenue D side of City Hall. Once the payment is received, a copy of the permit will be emailed to you. A copy will need to be posted at the job site.
- All permit applications that require plans to be submitted and revisions and/or re-submittals will need to be mailed or dropped off in the designated bin located inside City Hall. Once we receive the required applications and plans, we will contact you with a permit number in order for you to pay the plan check fee online, done HERE. Plan review will not begin until the plan check fee is paid.
It is important that all submittals are complete and sufficient for review. If a submittal is lacking any information, you will be informed by email of the deficient items and to pick up the materials. Please call our office and let us know when you will be at City Hall for pick-up, and we will have the plans in the bin next to the kiosk. Once those items are remedied, the complete submittal will need to be returned using the same method.
Once the Permits and Building Department completes the processing of your application and the permit is ready, we will contact you to arrange for pick-up. You can call our office at 281-391-4830 when you on your way, and we will assure your permit is available in the designated bin for your retrieval.
Inspections will continue to be conducted. The public is required to keep social distance from the inspector and refrain from engaging with the inspector during the inspection. The inspector has the discretion to stop the inspection and leave the premises if social distancing is not kept. All contractors will need to be sure we have your email address on file, and you will receive an email with the inspection results.
PRE-CONSTRUCTION MEETINGS AND MEETINGS WITH PLAN REVIEWERS:
All pre-construction meetings and meetings with plan reviewers will be held via conference calls. You will be contacted for such calls to be arranged.
To avoid issues with your application, please use Adobe Reader to electronically complete any forms. Adobe Reader can be downloaded for free here.
- BACKFLOW PREVENTION ASSEMBLY TEST AND MAINTENANCE REPORT - TECQ-20700
- Building Permit Application
- Code Enforcement Complaint Form
- Commercial Building Packet
- Commercial Building Packet - Katy Boardwalk
- Commercial Building Packet - Katy Main Street
- Commercial Building Packet - Katy Mills
- Commercial Building Packet - Old Katy District
- Commercial Building Packet - The Reserves at Katy
- Commercial Building Packet - Village at Katy
- Commercial Building Packet - West Ten Business Park
- Commercial Building Packet - Woodcreek Reserve
- Commercial Certificate of Occupancy Application
- Contractor Registration Packet
- Curb Cut Application
- Dumpster Permit Application
- Electrical Building Permit Application
- Fire Sprinkler / Alarm Application
- Flatwork & Culvert Permit Application and Specs
- Flood Damage Building Permit