The primary mission of the City of Katy Code Enforcement Division is to enforce City Codes and State Laws to ensure that Katy will be a great place to live and work. The Code Officer’s goal is to ensure the health, safety and welfare of our citizens. This is accomplished by public education and working closely with local authorities, business owners and other City departments to bring both residential and commercial properties into code compliance.
Code Enforcement enforces a variety of code violations including nuisance violations, zoning violations, and parking violations. The following is a list of common code violations:
- Weeds and Grass
- Illegal Dumping on private or public property
- Property Maintenance – building, driveway and accessory structure maintenance including fences
- Health & Safety – accumulation of trash, stagnant water, brush, debris, tires
- Sanitation Issues
- Illegal Home Occupations
- Zoning Violations
- Commercial Signage
- Addressing Requirements
- Hazardous Materials
Reporting a Suspected Code Violation
Suspected code violations are investigated by city Code Enforcement Officers. If you see a suspected code violation in your neighborhood or around the city, submit a Code Enforcement Complaint Form.
Does your Property Comply?
The city is committed to working with you to ensure that your property complies with all applicable standards.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Code Enforcement Division:
- Phone – 281-391-4830
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Violations Handled by Other City Departments
- Vehicles creating traffic hazard
- Loud music, noise
- Junk vehicles
- Animal complaints (loose animals, barking dogs etc.)
Fire Department (281-391-4848)
- Illegal burning
- Suspected fire hazards
Permits Department (281-391-4830)
- Construction, Building and Remodeling without a permit