The City Engineer is responsible for helping the City of Katy and its citizens develop a city in an orderly and safe manner, with the City’s citizens enjoying the highest quality life possible.
The Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Subdivision platting and construction plan review along with construction inspections
- Design of the City Infrastructure (streets, drainage systems, water and sanitary sewer system and new park improvements)
- City planning and capital improvement schedule
- Updating the City’s mapping
- Assisting the City’s Flood Plain Administrator with engineering questions and reviews
- Assisting the citizens of Katy and professionals who plan projects in the City, as well as developers wanting to produce projects in the City of Katy