In an effort to provide full financial disclosure to the citizens of the City of Katy, this transparency page provides a quick yet thorough look at all aspects of the finances for the City. In addition to budgets, annual financial reports and payment registers, the financial dashboard gives an overview of all local taxes, including the rates for property, sales and use, and hotel occupancy taxes.
The State Comptroller’s website about transparency in government, including local debt, may be accessed at TexasTransparency.org. This website is a source to collect all available information on local government finances in our state, including the existing and proposed debt of cities, counties, school and hospital districts and hundreds of special-purpose districts throughout Texas.
The City of Katy has a long history of being recognized as a leader in financial stewardship with strategies uniquely tailored to our community. These documents represent the original adopted budgets as approved by the City Council. The City of Katy's fiscal year starts on October 1st.
The information in these documents has not been updated for developments subsequent to the dates of the respective independent auditor’s reports.
- Fiscal Year 2017 CAFR (October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017)
- Fiscal Year 2016 CAFR (October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2016)
- Fiscal Year 2015 CAFR (October 1, 2014 through September 30, 2015)
- Fiscal Year 2014 CAFR (October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2014)
- Fiscal Year 2013 CAFR (October 1, 2012 through September 30, 2013)
- Fiscal Year 2012 CAFR (October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012)
- Fiscal Year 2011 CAFR (October 1, 2010 through September 30, 2011)
These registers contain all disbursements made by the City, including paper checks and electronic payments to vendors. Employee salary information is presented in summary form only by department at the end of each register.
Fiscal Year 2019 Payment Registers:
- 2018-10 Payment Register
- 2018-11 Payment Register
- 2018-12 Payment Register
- 2019-01 Payment Register
- 2019-02 Payment Register
- 2019-03 Payment Register
- 2019-04 Payment Register
- 2019-05 Payment Register
- 2019-06 Payment Register
- 2019-07 Payment Register
Archived Payment Registers:
- Fiscal Year 2018 Payment Register (October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018)
- Fiscal Year 2017 Payment Register (October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017)
- Fiscal Year 2016 Payment Register (October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2016)
- Fiscal Year 2015 Payment Register (October 1, 2014 through September 30, 2015)
- Fiscal Year 2014 Payment Register (October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2014)
- Fiscal Year 2013 Payment Register (October 1, 2012 through September 30, 2013)
- Fiscal Year 2012 Payment Register (October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012)
- Fiscal Year 2011 Payment Register (October 1, 2010 through September 30, 2011)
City of Katy property tax rates are expressed per $100 of taxable property value. Click images to view them larger.
Tax Year 2017
- $0.384720 Maintenance & Operations (M&O)
- $0.102000 Interest & Sinking Fund (I&S)
- $0.48672 Total Rate
Sales & Use Tax
- 6.25% State of Texas
- 1.00% Metro
- 1.00% City of Katy
- 8.25% Total Rate
Hotel/Motel Occupancy Tax
- 6.00% State of Texas
- 7.00% City of Katy
- 13.00% Total Rate
The City of Katy is pledged to transparency in local spending and debt obligations are as follows:
If you need to view or obtain copies of public information in the custody of the City of Katy, you must submit a written request or the Disclosure of Public Information Form to the attention of the City Secretary using any of these methods.
- In person: City Hall, 901 Avenue C, Katy Texas 77493
- Mail: P. O. Box 617, Katy Texas 77492
- Fax: 281.391.4937
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
When obtaining copies of public information, please be aware that there may be fees associated with providing the information.
The City of Katy is a proud recipient of the Texas Comptroller’s 2014 Leadership Circle Award for financial transparency. The Platinum level is the highest attainable award signifying the City’s willingness to go above and beyond providing financial transparency in local government by opening our books to the public, providing clear, consistent pictures of spending, and sharing information in a user friendly format that helps taxpayers understand how their dollars are spent.