The City of Katy's Human Resources department is dedicated to advancing Katy's position and reputation as an excellent organization that
- Recruiting and promoting the most qualified individuals
- Retaining the most valuable employees
- Establishing, administering, and effectively communicating sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining compliance with employment and labor laws
- Ensuring a diverse workforce in a safe and discrimination/harassment free environment by maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations and is characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust, and mutual respect
- Provide training, development, and education to promote individual success and increase overall value to the city
- Encouragement for a high level of employee morale through recognition and constant feedback
- Providing a competitive salary and benefits package
Angelina Di Paolo Tredway
Angelina Tredway joined the City of Katy as the City's first Human Resources Director in 2013. She has over twenty years of experience in Human Resources and holds a Bachelor’s of Business Administration in Management from Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. Prior to joining the City of Katy her Human Resources background included a variety of industries: oil and gas, medical, insurance, and retail.
Angelina holds two Human Resources certifications, Professional in Human Resources (PHR) from the Human Resources Certification Institute and from the Society for Human Resources a Certified Professional (SHRM-CP). She is a member of various Human Resources groups: HR Houston; SHRM; Texas Municipal Human Resources Association (TMHR); Regional Municipality HR Group; Katy Texas HR Networking Group and a member of the Memorial Hermann Katy Employer Solutions Advisory Board.