Since the quarterly April limb pick up was cancelled due to COVID-19, the Public Works Department has decided to provide a make-up date to our residents:
• For residents that live SOUTH of Franz Rd – Monday, June 22nd
• For residents that live NORTH of Franz Rd – Monday, June 29th
The City of Katy provides tree limb pick up for the citizens during the first week only of January, April, July and October. Pick up will start at Monday at 7AM and the crew will cover each street working until the entire City is picked up. Please keep in mind that due to the volume of limbs, pick up may take more than one day.
In order for the City to provide this type of service, it is important that the tree limbs be cut and trimmed to the following requirements:
- Tree limbs have to be 2 inches to 6 inches in diameter.
- Tree limbs have to be at least 6 feet in length and no longer than 12 feet.
- Limbs should be placed in your yard, by the curb and NOT in the street/roadway prior to the first day of pickup.
- Limbs should also NOT be placed by any water meter, gas meter or hydrant.
Tree limbs that do not meet the above requirements will not be picked up. Additionally, The City will NOT pick up household garbage, furniture, scrap metal, appliances, automotive parts, debris, rubbish, building materials, etc.
Other Pick Up Options:
Any commercial tree service or any contractors cutting brush or trees shall be required to pick up and haul off their own limbs
For large tree trunks and stove wood length, call G.O. Weiss Landfill at 281-492-2558.
Republic Waste will pick up brush less than 2 inches in diameter if it is tied in bundles, is no longer than 4 feet in length and must be less than 40 pounds in weight, provided they are placed at the residence curb on regular garbage collection day.