Local Recycling Centers
The City of Katy offers curbside recycling for our residents, and there are several locations available for drop-off in the greater Katy area:
- Harris County Recycling
- Houston-Galveston Regional Recycling Guide
- Fort Bend County Recycling
- Waller County Recycling Center
If you live in the greater Katy area and want to know if your neighborhood offers recycling, please contact your garbage provider or your homeowner’s association.
What to do with Unwanted Latex Paint?
Paint contains chemicals including solvents and metals that can pollute water when washed down a storm drain or when disposed of improperly.
To properly dispose latex paint (this does not apply to oil-based paints):
- Open can of paint (If the paint is dried, it is no longer harmful to the environment & can be disposed of in the garbage.)
- Pour paint on paper or plastic
- Allow paint to dry or add kitty litter and let the paint be absorbed
- Your paint can now be disposed of in the garbage and is safe for the landfill. Please recycle the can.
If more than 1/2 can is left over, consider donating for re-use. Most of all, never dispose of paint down a storm drain!
For other items such as paint, oil, Freon and tires, visit Earth911.com to find a local service station or other recycling centers near you.