|ROUTES||garbage||recycling||heavy trash||super heavy trash|
|South of Franz Road||Tuesday||1st & 3rd Thursday||1st & 3rd Monday||1st Monday of January, April, July & October|
Cane Island, Falls Green Meadows,
Young Ranch, Woodcreek, Reserve of
Katy & Avalon
|Wednesday||2nd & 4th Thursday||2nd & 4th Monday||2nd Monday of January, April, July & October|
|North of Franz Road||Friday||1st & 3rd Thursday||1st & 3rd Monday||1st Monday of January, April, July & October|
Republic Services is the garbage and recycling provider for the City of Katy. Each residence is provided one 95-gallon blue poly cart for household garbage and one 95-gallon blue/green cart for recyclables. Only carts issued by Republic Services can be used for garbage and recycling collection. No personal cans or bags outside cart will be collected on these days. These carts are the property of Republic Services and will be maintained by Republic. As of October 2018, the monthly fee for garbage/recycling/heavy trash is $17.00. Additional carts may be requested by submitting the Additional Cart Request form below. For service issues call Republic Services at 713-849-0400, option 5.
- Recycling collection is twice a month as shown above in chart.
- Recyclable materials must be EMPTY, CLEAN & DRY
- Place recyclables LOOSE in the cart, do not place in plastic bags.
- Carts must be at the curb by 7:00am. Collection will be completed between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM on each service day.
- ONLY items inside carts will be picked up. Do not overfill the cart, the lid must be closed.
- No carts shall be placed at curb for collection except on the designated trash day.
- Carts shall be placed at curb or as close to the roadway as possible without interfering with traffic and not greater than 5 feet from the roadway.
- Wheel side of cart should face your home and the cart opening toward the street.
- Carts must be removed from the curb at the end of your collection day.
- Acceptable Materials for Recycling:
- Aluminum cans, trays and foil
- Steel cans and tin
- #1 Plastic- soda, water bottles, common food packages
- #2 Plastic – milk jugs, juice containers, detergents, bleach, health and beauty aid products and household cleaners
- #4 Plastic – grocery containers such as margarine tubs, frozen dessert cups, six and twelve package rings
- #5 Plastic – grocery containers such as yogurt cups and narrow neck syrup
- #7 Plastic – narrow neck containers only such as condiment bottles or salad dressings
- Plastic buckets such as kitty litter containers (5-gallon maximum size)
- Paper – office, notebook (no metal clips, spirals or binders), gift wrap paper newspaper (including inserts; remove plastic sleeves), magazines, catalogs and telephone books.
- Cardboard (no waxed cardboard)
- Kraft bags/brown paper
- Chipboard (cereal, cake and food mix boxes, gift boxes, etc)\
- Carrier stock (soda and beer can carry cases)
- Junk mail and envelopes (no plastic cards, stick on labels or unused stamps)
- Paperback books (no hard cover books)
- The following will NOT be accepted: GLASS, motor oil, insecticide, herbicide, hazardous chemical containers, plastic bags, plastic film, plastic sheets, tarps, plastic wrap, styrofoam, expanded foam or clear polystyrene. “When in doubt, leave it out”
Should a holiday fall on a scheduled collection day, collection may occur on an alternate day. Notification of changes in schedules due to a holiday will be posted on the City’s web page, City social media accounts and on utility bills.
Household Hazardous Waste can be taken to the following locations:
- Fort Bend County Hazardous Household Waste - 1200 Blume Road, Rosenberg TX 77471, 281.633.7527
- Harris County Household Hazardous Waste Collection - 6900 Hahl Rd (northwest corner of Gessner/290) 281.560.6200
Rewards for Recycling
Republic Services has partnered with RecycleBank to implement an award winning incentive-based recycling program that motivates people to recycle and will provide each household with $130 – $200 in annual reward savings with RecycleBank rewards.
The More You Recycle, the More Points You Earn – RecycleBank will motivate residents in The City of Katy to recycle more. Residents earn points for the amount of material recycled and redeem points for rewards and discounts at hundreds of national and regional businesses, as well as local merchants.
How It Works: Points for Curbside Recycling – Each time recycling is collected, the total is weighed and converted to RecycleBank Points. When residents report their recycling participation to RecycleBank (online or via mobile reporting), they receive their share of the RecycleBank Points. Earned points are 2.5 point for every pound (1x lb.) of recycled material.
What Residents Can Do with Their Points
All residents will have access to the RecycleBank reward portfolio, and members can redeem rewards with RecycleBank partners online or over the phone. A complete listing of program partners can be found at www.recyclebank.com/my_rewards. Households redeem RecycleBank points for rewards and discounts at over 1,500 local, regional and national businesses.
Local Businesses – Buy Local
Businesses may join the RecycleBank program as reward partners at no cost. RecycleBank will work with the City to engage the local business community. Local businesses participate in the RecycleBank Rewards Program simply by honoring a reward that encourages households to recycle.
RecycleBank Green Schools Program
Schools in your DISTRICT (K-12) may submit a grant proposal to fund environmental education and, if accepted, become eligible to receive Points. Residents in the community can donate their RecycleBank Points to help the schools achieve their goals. Grants range from $100 to $5,000 with a 95% rate grant achievement.
RecycleBank Points for Recycling Electronic Waste
RecycleBank also provides rewards for electronic waste. Household members can download a postage paid envelope label from www.RecycleBank.com (888.727.2978) and mail their old cell phones, PDAs, MP3 players, iPods or laptops to RecycleBank’s partner vendors who will responsibly dispose of them.