For commercial accounts, the Application for Commercial Certificate of Occupancy and/or Water Service must be completed and approved by the Zoning, Building and Code Enforcement Departments before water service can begin. The Certificate of Occupancy/Water Application can be submitted to the Utility Billing Department Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 901 Avenue C, Katy Texas 77493. The Utility Billing Department can be reached at 281-391-4801 or emailed at email@example.com.
After the Certificate of Occupancy has been issued, the water/sewer/garbage services can be connected upon receipt of deposit. Please call the Utility Billing Department to determine the deposit amount (water deposits are dependent upon meter size).
- The deposit for water service is required before service can begin. The deposit will remain on the account until applicant terminates service. Payment for deposit can be made by cash, check, money order or credit card when paying in person.
- A driver's license or photo ID must be presented at time of application. If mailing application, enclose a copy of your ID along with the deposit.
- Service will not begin until the deposit, ID and two page application have been received.
- When moving, please complete the Application to Disconnect and any refund due to you will be sent to your forwarding address.
Forms & Applications
- Additional Cart Request
- 2020 Water, Sewer & Garbage Rates
- 2019 Water, Sewer & Garbage Rates
- Commercial Certificate of Occupancy
- Residential Service Application
- Residential Service Application-Span
- Change Account Information
- Request to Disconnect Service
- Additional Cart Request
- Authorization for Payment by Bank Draft
- Commercial Hydrant Meter Application
- 2018 Drinking Water Report
- 2018 Drinking Water Report (Spanish)
PAY water bill by phone at 833-257-8346
Residents/Businesses can pay their utility bill online, by phone, in person or by kiosk.
- Go paperless! Sign up to receive your utility bill via email.
- Set-up and access your account online to check account balance, view payment and consumption history or make payments
- Payments can be made by cash, check, credit card or money order at Katy City Hall located at 901 Avenue C, Katy, TX 77493 between 8:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Online payments can be made at the link above
- A kiosk is available 24/7 and is located on the Avenue D side of City Hall. Payments made at the kiosk are posted immediately to your account and are considered timely until 8:00 a.m. on the first working day after the 16th.
- An electronic payment can be set-up through your bank's bill payment system
- Automatic bank drafting of your bank account will occur on the 16th of each month at no charge. To sign-up for drafting, please complete the Authorization for Payment of Bank Draft, found above.
- Phone payments can be made at 833-257-8346
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express credit cards are accepted and will include a processing fee.
Payment is due to our office on or before the 16th of each month (we do not consider postmark on mailed items).
All meters are read electronically and utility bills are mailed on the last day of the month. A penalty is assessed on the 17th (or the next business day). A late notice, with the penalty included, is mailed on the 17th to all outstanding accounts. This notice serves as a cut-off notice and must be paid by the end of the month to avoid service disconnection.
By ordinance, any bill left unpaid 10 days after penalty will be turned off for non-payment and will be charged a $50 disconnect/reconnect fee.
IMPORTANT: A Katy mailing address does NOT mean you are within the city limits of Katy. To help determine if your address is in the jurisdiction of the City of Katy, please refer to the map before completing an application for service.