Water, Sewer and Garbage service for residents can be set up Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM at 901 Avenue C, Katy Texas 77493. The Utility Billing Department can be reached at 281-391-4801 or emailed at email@example.com.
A Katy mailing address does NOT mean you are within the city limits of Katy. To help determine if your address is in the jurisdiction of the City of Katy, please refer to the Am I a Resident? map before completing an application for service.
- A $100 deposit for residential water service is required before service can begin. The deposit will remain on the account until applicant terminates service. Payment for deposit can be made by cash, check, money order or credit card when paying in person.
- A driver's license or photo ID must be presented at time of application. If mailing an application in, please enclose a copy of your ID along with the deposit.
- Service will not begin until the deposit, ID and two page application has been received.
- Applications for new water service must be received by 2 PM for same day service. Applications received after 2 PM will be processed the following business day.
- When moving, please complete the Application to Disconnect and any refund due to you will be sent to your forwarding address.
Forms & Applications
- Residential Service Application
- Residential Service Application (Spanish)
- Cross Connection Service Agreement
- Authorization for Payment by Bank Draft
- Authorization for Payment by Bank Draft (Spanish)
- Request to Disconnect Service
- Request to Change Account Information
- Additional Cart Request
- Current Water, Sewer & Garbage Rates
- 2018 Drinking Water Report
- 2018 Drinking Water Report (Spanish)
Methods of Payment
- Online: As a one-time payment or to set up a recurring payment
- Phone: Please call 833.257.8346, available 24/7
- Kiosk: Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card. The Kiosk is available 24/7 and is located at the Avenue D entrance of Katy City Hall
- Bank Draft: From your bank account on the 16th of each month (bank authorization form)
- Electronic: Payment through your bank’s bill pay system
- By Mail: Check or Money order made payable to City of Katy, PO Box 617, Katy TX, 77492
- In Person: Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM at Katy City Hall
All meters are read electronically on the 15th and utility bills are mailed on the last day of the month.
Payment is due to our office on or before the 16th of each month (we do not consider postmark on mailed items). Penalty is assessed on the 17th and a late notice is mailed to all outstanding accounts. This notice serves as a cut-off notice and must be paid by the end of the month to avoid service disconnection and a $50 disconnect/reconnect fee.
GO GREEN - receive your bills via email, send your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access your account online to check account balance, view payment and consumption history or make payments.